Why hassle with a paper check when your money can be deposited immediately? Direct deposit! No need to rush to the bank after work on Friday. No need to put off household chores on Saturday to make a deposit.
It’s the only way to collect Social Security benefits since the agency stopped issuing paper checks in 2013. Why? In addition to the cost savings by the government, the practice ended mailbox theft and long teller lines when checks arrived.
Those same benefits are yours at any age with Direct Deposit. Simply complete this Direct Deposit Authorization Form and hand it to your payroll department or other entity that sends you money such as an annuity or dividend payment; additional paperwork may be required by these other entities.
Direct Deposit – one more way MCT can make your life a bit simpler.
We know how much you love our Online and Mobile Banking. Yet there are times when you just can’t get to your computer. Or you’re traveling in a remote area without cell service. You can always access your MCT account with our Express Phone Banking service.
You need nothing more than a telephone to bank with us 24 hours a day! Express Phone Banking allows you to check account balances at any time, learn if your Social Security payment was processed, transfer funds or make loan payments, find information on your last sixty transactions, and more.
Start using MCT’s Express Phone Banking now! All you need is your account number(s) and Personal Identification Number (PIN). First-time users should use the last four digits of the primary account holder’s Social Security number or tax ID as your PIN. You’ll be required to change it to four digits of your choice once you access the system.
How easy is Express Phone Banking? It’s as simple as 1-2. You don’t even have to bother with a 3!
- Call Express Phone Banking from any touch tone phone:
- Follow the menu prompts to select the function of your choice.
Sit down on the couch and watch TV. Your banking is complete!
You do everything right; you recycle, you always use your blinker and you pay your bills on time but sometimes the small details can get the best of all of us. Maybe you misjudged the funds available in your checking account by a day when you were expecting a check to clear or needed to use your debit card to buy something nice. No matter how it happens, if you overdraw your checking account, MCT Safety Pay will automatically transfer funds from your linked account to cover your overdraft. It’s a Win-Win situation! You have the peace of mind knowing your item will be paid and you also avoid an overdraft fee! What a relief!
Safety Pay’s monthly fee is waived if you maintain the required minimum daily balance in your linked Savings or Money Market account. An automatic transfer fee per total amount of the transfer will be charged to your checking account.
Ask an MCT Personal Banker for more information about Safety Pay, which can be used in conjunction with or as an alternative to Overdraft Privilege.
When it comes to banking, we know you have many choices. We also understand that switching banks can be somewhat inconvenient. That’s why we have put together a few simple steps you may need to switch to Mauch Chunk Trust Company.
As a customer of MCT, you have our commitment that we’ll do our very best to understand your financial needs and that we’ll work hard to meet those needs today and in the years to come. Thank you for your decision to switch, and welcome to Mauch Chunk Trust Company!
Here are some simple suggestions to help make your move to MCT quick and easy.
- One of our knowledgeable and experienced branch employees will help you choose an MCT checking account that is right for you.
- Order your new MCT checks.
Step Two: Begin using your new MCT checking & savings right away.
Stop using your old account. Leave sufficient funds to cover outstanding items and fees. Print out the payee screen from your old bank's online bill pay to use when you setup MCT Bill Pay.
- Enroll in MCT Online Banking
- Download the MCT Mobile App
- After receiving your new Debit Card in the mail, add it to your smartphone's mobile wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay or Garmin Pay)
Step Three: Add the security and convenience of direct deposit to your MCT checking or savings.
- For Payroll Direct Deposit, simply Complete this Direct Deposit Authorization Form form or any other form your employer requires. In addition to this form, be sure to provide your employer with a voided MCT check and remember to verify with your employer as to when your direct deposits will begin.
- For Social Security Direct Deposit, please call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 and make your request directly over the phone. Be sure to have your new MCT checks with you when you call.
Step Four: Remember to change any automatic payments you may have from your old account to your new MCT checking or savings.
- Do you have insurance premiums, utility payments, recurring loan payments, membership dues, or any other payments automatically deducted from your old account? Contact each provider and give them your new account information.
Step Five: Close your old account at your other bank.
- Once all the checks you have written and any other payments have cleared your account, it’s time to close that account.
Welcome to Mauch Chunk Trust Company, and thank you for choosing us as your partner in achieving your financial goals. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-570-325-2265, toll free at 1-877-325-2265. Or stop by any branch office. Our Personal Bankers would be happy to help you with any part of this process!
Running low on checks? Click here to re-order online.
- Auto Debit for Loan Payments
- Christmas Clubs
- Direct Deposit
- Online Banking
- MCT Bill Pay
- MasterMoney™ Debit Cards
- Medallion Signature Guarantee
- Mobile Banking
- Night Depository *
- Personal Money Orders
- Safe Deposit Boxes *
- Safety Pay
- STAR ATM Cards
- Treasurer's Checks
- Wire Transfers
- 24-Hour Toll-free Express Phone Banking Line
* Offered at select MCT locations