Mauch Chunk Trust Company’s predecessor, Second National Bank of Mauch Chunk, was established in 1864, with Charles Albright as president. Second National Bank closed permanently on December 31, 1902 when its charter expired. The Mauch Chunk Trust Company (MCT) succeeded the earlier bank on January 1, 1903 with capital of $150,000. Officers of the Second National Bank became the officers and directors of MCT. It’s temporary quarters were in the banking room of Second National Bank until offices in the Navigation Building (across from the Court House) were ready.
MCT was incorporated August 25, 1902. J. M. Dreisbach was president, his son George Dreisbach was secretary and treasurer, and William G. Freyman was vice president.
The original directors were Austin Boyer, N. D. Cortright, John C. Dolon, James Monroe Driesbach, William G. Freyman, Lafayette Lentz and Leonard Yaeger.
As an independent community bank, MCT continues to be locally owned and managed. The Bank takes pride in the ability to change with the times and grow and prosper, when many community banks merge or simply disappear.
Today, Mauch Chunk Trust Company's main office is located at 1111 North Street, with six branches located in Jim Thorpe and the surrounding communities. One of the branches, at the old railroad station, is actually across the street from its original headquarters – The Navigation Building, on the corner of Broadway and Susquehanna Streets, in the heart of downtown of Jim Thorpe. Other branches are in Albrightsville, Nesquehoning, Lehighton & Hometown.